Ever wonder why your battery and data are running out very fast even when you are doing basically nothing with your device. Well it is high time you knew that, that sneaky google chrome web browser never closes completely when you exit the last window. It keeps running in the background for pop up notifications and allowing people in Google hangout to chat with you. If you find this half as annoying as I do here is how to kill this manic. For your phone you can always deactivate the background settings, but for tabs and computers you can follow these steps.
1. Open up Google Chrome and check your taskbar. Find the small Chrome icon and click it.
2. A menu will pop up. Find Let Google Chrome run in the background and click it to uncheck it.
To turn it back on, you’ll need to go into Google Chrome’s settings.
1. Open up Google Chrome and click the menu icon (three bars) in the upper right corner of the window. Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Go to the bottom of the screen and click Show advanced settings…
3. Under System, check the box next to Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed to reactivate this feature.